From the fruits the juice is obtained which is concentrated, dried and pulverized until a extract with a very high content of vitamin C. To know: 1 gram of dried acerola powder corresponds to about 100 grams of orange, in terms of vitamin C.
Top 10 Acerola Supplements
- Organic Salugea Acerola Juice
- Organic Acerola
- Acerola Capsules
- Guna Vitformula Acerola
- ORGANIC ACEROLA Natural and Organic
- Long Life Acerola C 500
- ERBA VITA Acerola Cherry food supplement
- Acerola (Malpighia glabra) fruits Mother Tincture
- Arkopharma Food Supplement
- Acerola with hesperidin
Properties Of Acerola
- Prevent and fight flu syndromes
- Fighting vitamin deficiencies
- Prevent colds
- Fighting respiratory tract infections
- Stimulate the immune defences
- Effective in cases of asthenia
- Collagen synthesis
- Antioxidant action
- Increased iron absorption
- Anti-inflammatory action
- Antihistamine action
Concentrate Of Vitamin C And Mineral Salts
The peculiar characteristic of acerola is that it is a mine of vitamin C, in addition to the various properties. The fresh fruit of the acerola, in fact, contains a quantity of vitamin C 30 times higher than oranges or kiwis, strawberries. We can consider this “tropical cycle” one of the most effective natural sources of ascorbic acid for well-being of the organism.
The acerola fruits provide about 32 calories per 100 g of product (87.8% carbohydrates, 4.3% proteins, 8% fats), they do not only contain vitamin C, but carotenes, tannins, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, provitamin A and mineral salts including: iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium. Also from the point of view of the chemical composition, these fruits contain twice as much magnesium and pantothenic acid as oranges. They are also rich in bioflavonoids (i.e. vitamin C2) which have a synergistic action with vitamin C.
The Podium Of The Most Vitamin Fruits
In the world there are fruits very rich in ascorbic acid, therefore in vitamin C. Their consumption is absolutely beneficial for health, however, it is good to rinse your mouth with water before and after eating them, as tooth enamel could be strongly affected (because of the acidifying power). We come to the podium of the fruits richest in vitamin C:
- Australian Gubinge Also known as Kakadu Plum, is a fruit grown by the Aboriginal people. Small fruit, green in colour, similar to a plum. The taste is reminiscent of that of cooked apple. Its content of vitamin C is 100 times higher than orange.
- Amazon camo camo: fruit that grows along the banks of the Amazon River, similar to small round apples with a color that changes from yellow to red. Its content of Vitamin C is 50 times more than orange.
- acerola, which we have described in this article, has a content of Vitamin C is 30 times more than orange
With a vitamin and mineral profile of great substance, acerola boasts remarkable benefits for the health of our body. Among them are listed:
- prevents and relieves seasonal flu symptoms such as colds , sore throats , coughs , joint and muscle pains
- supports the immune system
- antioxidant action and contrast of the formation of free radicals
- anti-aging: prevent the formation of wrinkles and keep the skin elastic
- eye health : prevents degenerative diseases of the retina and the formation of cataracts . Also beneficial in case of myopia
- prevents cardiovascular diseases
- prevents the formation of bad cholesterol
- remedy against anemia : stimulates the production of folic acid which effectively absorbs iron
- regulates intestinal activity
- stimulates metabolic activity
- beneficial in pregnancy: Vitamin C promotes the formation of folic acid, necessary during pregnancy for the health and well-being of the fetus .
Supplements Based On Acerola To Buy On Amazon
Organic Salugea Acerola Juice
This juice is pure and organic, undiluted, without preservatives, additives or added sugars, full of Vitamin C, which supports the immune system and counteracts cellular ageing. Ideal for full of energy.
It is obtained from direct, cold pressing (not from concentrate) and Flash Pasteurization, a pasteurization technique that best preserves the nutritional qualities of the original fruit.
Acerola is one of the fruits with the highest vitamin C content in the world. Unlike synthetic vitamin C found in many dietary supplements, natural acerola has excellent bioavailability, i.e. it is optimally assimilated by the body.
The package contains 60 tablets to be taken once a day.
A high quality acerola extract, produced using the freeze-drying process (without the use of chemicals) and exclusively from the acerola fruit.
The package includes 240 high-strength capsules with 750 mg of pure acerola extract per capsule. With a high natural vitamin C content of at least 25%.
On Amazon you can find other acerola-based supplements:
How Do You Assume
The acerola is commercially available in the form of supplements, powder and herbal teas, but also as packaged juice in addition to other fruits or extracts. The fresh pure acerola juice, in Italy it is difficult to find and it is found pasteurized and packaged. Yes can add acerola powder in the preparing a fruit and vegetable smoothie or smoothie; in the preparation of sweets, jams, jellies.
The consumption of acerola has no particular contraindications. It can be consumed by both adults and children. To limit the intake in case of:
- kidney stones
- accumulation of oxalates due to vitamin C
- stomach acid
- gastrointestinal problems
- gastroesophageal reflux .